Pages

Sunday 2 March 2014

Homegrown harvest ....


 



Some of my earliest childhood memories are of eating fresh, homegrown fruit and vegetables from our family garden.  I remember if we weren't feeling well or recovering from illness, mum and dad would make us a pot of whatever vegies were in season, and we'd mash them up and put a little nob of butter on top!  YUM!  Comfort food at it's best.
Many years later, they are still planting, tending to, and harvesting their own fruit and vegetables.   Now I'm able to take my own children into their garden and return with armloads of incredibly tasty and nourishing food.  Today we brought home tomatoes, rhubarb, pumpkin, carrots, capsicum, zucchini, swede, garlic and eggs from their chickens.   Lots of goodness to be made into purees for the wee one, and soups and stews.

As I slowly add more variety to my own humble little vegie patch (which only has tomatoes and herbs at the moment) I'll continue 'raiding' my parents garden.  You just can't beat the taste of homegrown....

What's growing in your garden at the moment?  Don't you think that homegrown fruit and vegetables have the most amazing flavour that you just don't get from store bought?

Have a great week,

Tina xo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment ❤